Saturday, April 25, 2009

Plans Change

Something that I continually forget is that you are never suppose to make plans (and especially get your heart set-on said plans), when you have a baby. Just when things are trucking along, baby knocks you down.

Saturday was suppose to be an amazing day with some grand plans. First, we'd take Cole downtown to check out this very cool art show. I've always wanted to check it out, plus I like the idea of trying to be urban and cool. Later, we were going to meet up with my friend Amanda, and have her take some amazing photos of Cole.

Alas, at midnight, I realized that my perfect Saturday was not to be. Cole woke up screaming. He had a bit of a fever, and he's been teething, so some Tylenol was in order, right. Nothing doing. Over the course of the next three and a half hours, he cried and he fussed and then he cried some more. He wouldn't give it up and succumb to sleep. He just laid on Wade's chest and cried. On a side note, my sweet husband took Cole to the living room to try to let me get some rest. As has been documented here, we live in a tiny house, so a screaming baby will always be heard by mama. Finally/joyfully, we all crammed in a few hours of sleep. Then, we got up and went to the doctor only to discover Cole was in the beginning stages of hand-foot-and-mouth disease (trust me, it sounds a lot worse than it is...by worse, I mean from an outsider's perspective. Anything that takes away my sleep is bad). As you can see from above, Cole easily transmitted the illness via his three-finger sucking routine. As the doctor warned we were in for a long weekend, my stomach lurched. Needless to say, no plans or arrangements for us anytime soon.

P.S. I apologize for all the Web links in this post. It was a post that seemed like it needed links.

1 comment:

  1. I hate you didn't get to go the art show. But on the picture front, I think everything worked out ok. i can't wait for you to see the great pictures we got yesterday! check the blog tomorrow a.m.

    by the way, I love links...

    ReplyDelete