Friday, April 3, 2009

Free what?


That's exactly what I wondered when I first saw the term freegan. You see, there's this group of people that live solely off what we throw away. An interesting concept I can understand...to a point. For instance, I currently have two sacks of clothes and bed linens to get rid of. The clothes are either worn out (Wade's) or too small (mine), and the bed linens are just plain old. If I knew a bunch of freegans were going to come along, then I'd just toss the bags outside. Since that's probably not the case, I'll be taking them to the local donation center. Now, the part that makes these freegans crazy, in my opinion, is the foraging for food in dumpsters (oh, and the making of their own sanitary napkins). They go to grocery store dumpsters to scavenger whatever food is worthy of consumption. You'll just have to read this article in Marie Claire to see exactly what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment