Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We're having a baby

Hopefully that announcement will excuse my absence. Since it's been so very long, I'll quickly recap these last few months:

November - Thanksgiving and throwing up. Not a good combination.

December - Christmas. Period.

January - Sickness made vicious circles around the house and around Cole's school.

February - We're having a BOY!

We recently found out that we are expecting another boy this June, and we couldn't be more excited. Loads of people had been saying that it had to be a girl, including Wade. I had no inkling this time around. I was surprised, shocked and very happy. But, having another baby of the same sex does bring up some mixed emotions. You wonder if you feel like you're going to miss out on all those girly things, especially the clothing part (and let's face it, one of my passions is fashion). I came up with lots of rational and practical reasons on why having another boy will be wonderful. I even understand that God's giving us another boy for a reason.

Still, with all this floating in my head, I had that feeling that I was really going to miss out if we didn't have a girl. Then it hit me. My mom came waltzing in wearing a pair of leather pants that she had given me for my 20th birthday. We'd gone to Neiman Marcus, and using a sharp eye, I picked out the most classic pair of pants I could find in the most buttery soft leather imaginable. After our move from Birmingham, I put the pants in my mom's cedar closet. Well, she found them. She told me she wanted to borrow them. No problem, I said. After all, it's not like I can fit into them right now. I assumed that by her borrowing them, she would simply slip them on and go to dinner. Never did I dream that she would consider them lounge pants and literally sit around in them after dinner wearing my prized pants with a sweatshirt. At that moment, I realized I could never have a daughter. I'm not good at sharing my clothing, even with my own mother. Therefore, I don't think I could share my clothes with my own daughter either.

So, we're having another boy and we're ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment