Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What's in a Name

When Cole was born, we weren't sure of his sex, so we weren't sure of his name. Considering boys names, I wanted to go with my maiden name and Wade wanted to go with his mother's maiden name. Once Wade saw me go through the labor of our first child, he promptly declared we could use my name. The decision for a second name was easy; David after Wade's dad.

When we found out we were having a boy this go around, there was no question of what this child's name would be; Ford after Wade's mother. The problem we've encountered is the second name. We prefer to use a family name, but the options are questionable. Here's a sampling of what we're dealing with:

Oliver
Arthur
Bernard
Lemeul
Obediah
Bradford
Jesse
French
Lyndel
Rufus
Mac
Silas
Perman

Some of these names are fine on their own. But, let me give you a visual of why they won't work for us.    
   Bradford Ford - Ford to the second power
   Ford Mac - I know boys think trucks are cool, but not that cool.

So the search for a second name continues....

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to offer some help, but good gracious you know what a hard time I had picking our own baby's name. I'm useless in the baby naming category! I love Ford though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! My dad's middle name was Guilford and I loved the idea of calling a boy Ford but could you imagine how dumb that would look for us :).

    ReplyDelete