Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dear Diary


Don't get too excited. There is nothing in this post worthy of a diary entry. Just my first post to this blog. I've done it. I have officially taken the plunge into blogland, and decided that my thoughts warrant a venue for all to read. I cannot promise you the most well-written, wittiest or even a very good blog. Heck, I'm not even going to promise that I'll keep you informed and up-to-date on what's going on with me, Wade and Cole. With that said, here I go...
So, speaking of diaries. I never really kept one as a little girl. There were 2 reasons this didn't happen:

1. My very sneaky and mean older brother (for the record, he's not so sneaky or mean anymore). If I were to of ever written anything incriminating in my diaper (nice, my first post and I already screw up. what a perfect example of where my mind is...stuck in no man's land also known as the mommyhood). Anyway, back to my point. My brother would have promptly given the diary to my parents just to watch me get into trouble. And, isn't the point of keeping a diary to write down all your secrets?

2. I was kind of a weird kid when it came to things as permanent as a diary. I was too worried that I would write something and either make a mistake like misspell a word or decide I no longer wanted that particular event documented. But, with a diary, once it was scribbled in, it was always there (at least for me because erasing something with the pencil eraser didn't exactly make the page look like new). I could not handle that once I'd written something, it was always going to be there. Imagine how trying signing a yearbook was for me.

So, you see, some good can come out of the Internet. Because with this blog, I don't have to worry about my brother getting me into trouble with my parents since these posts are for all the world to see. I can even delete something, and it really is deleted. Not just partially erased (well, I guess some of you that have amazing computer powers would be able to retrieve it. But, I'll try to forgot about that part).

No comments:

Post a Comment