As I'm watching the sky darken and more rain pour down, I can't help but let my mind drift around to all the really random things that go through it in a day. A few highlights:
Yesterday was Wade's birthday! It was a good day. I tried to cater to him, a bit. I do love to cook, so I made a few of his favorite things: a new recipe for peanut butter pie with chocolate ganache and crab cakes. As much as I love to cook, I do not like following a recipe because those usually require kitchen equipment and utensils that I don't use very often. Sure enough, the pie and crab cakes required some rarely used items like measuring spoons and cups. It's not that I mind using those types of things, it's just that I hate unloading the dishwasher after using those things. It slows me down and I don't like it.
Since Wade was indulged yesterday, I decided to do the same for myself this morning. I feel a little naughty for doing so much for myself, but I am with child, so I suppose I'm entitled. At least occasionally. After getting my eyebrows waxed, I treated myself to Starbucks and a pedicure. Of course, all this grooming has to be for a good reason, right? We have a wedding this weekend, and since I don't love my dress, I figured I could draw attention away from it. But who am I kidding, I do have a huge baby bump that tends to attract an extra-long stare. Oh, and the last time I had a pedicure was the day before I had Cole.
Long overdue, but still a funny story that I forgot to tell you about. For Cole's first birthday, my sweet NaNa gave Cole a present. After opening the gift bag, which was pink with butterflies, we found a very nice teddy bear and a giant pair of scissors (although I think they really should be referred to as shears) tucked with the bear.
That's about it for now. That's not it for the random thoughts in my head, but that's all I'm willing to share.

I need to see this big baby bump you speak of! I bet you are super cute just like last time :)
ReplyDeleteAnd this is Amanda... not Allen :)
ReplyDelete