Oh, the pressure of what to write about on the blog and not. It's hard to put fingers to keyboard, and maintain a mental speed bump, so that I don't spill, gush, spew or spit (depending on my mood) every thought out into the great wide open.
I like to think I'm generally a positive, easy-going person. Everyone has their days, but it seems that since our move to the beach, Wade and I have a lot more of those days than usual. I suppose working 14 hour days for the last year will take it's toll. Combine that with a move into your parents' vacation home, and you've got a recipe for a lot of bad days.
Don't get me wrong, we both realize how fortunate we are, and we do not take any of this for granted. I mean, living at the beach in a vacation house is awesome. The hard part is realizing that:
1) you're not on vacation and 2) it's not your permanent home.
I guess what all our sour days boil down to is a lack of time together as a family and our pathetic social life. (I'll save my ramblings on our social calendar for another day.)
After getting all this off my chest, I can take a look at this picture, and know that everything is as it should be, and we are exactly where we're suppose to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sometimes I feel that way when John works a lot too. It's a hard balance... we are thankful for the job, but wish the job took less of him. Tomorrow will be better! p.s. I don't know anyone with a social life anymore... :)
ReplyDeleteKeep your chin up. If anyone can be positive, it's you! Call Ashley. I'm sure she's dying for some social interaction...
ReplyDelete