Right now, I'm on hold. I'm waiting for Suraj, my tech support guy from my computer company, to tell me how to get my product key for MS Office. It seems that when I initially ordered my computer, it never got built. When FedEx and I figured this out, the computer company quickly made my computer and rushed it out to me. In their haste, they forgot to include any of the cds that come along with your computer. As I was talking to my friend, he asked if I had any cds and I told him no. Apparently, I should have gotten as many as 10-12 discs. So, Suraj called Microsoft and got me a product key, and is now sending me a boatload of cds. Good thing, since I paid for them back in April.
Other fun events today: a lady in the walmarts (you'll see why I had to call it that),
caressed my hair. Yes, you read that right. I was standing in the check-out line when she commented on how nice Cole's hair is, and how he must have gotten it from me. Before I knew what was happening, she had leaned over and grabbed my hair into a ponytail and slowly let it fall through her fingers.
Of course, this reminded me of the time that I was at the salon waiting to get my hair done, when a little old man looked down at my feet and screeched that I had the biggest bunions he'd ever seen. As you can imagine, awesome feeling creeping over me as the whole beauty shop turned my way. I try to take solace in the fact he was a retired podiatrist, but it still doesn't seem to help as much as I wished it did.
{proud bunion feet going for a dip}
Speaking of hair, it's been way too long since I've had it cut or highlighted (just found my first grays; another awesome feeling creeping over me). I'm going to see some friends from college this weekend. We'll see how true of a friend they are by how well they can contain themselves when they see how bad I look. Hopefully, my bushy brows, which harken back to college, will distract them.
One more random note: I'm a bit sad that The Hills on MTV is over. It was thanks to them that I was able to stay hip with my musical downloads. Now I don't know what I'm going to put on my iPod.
I know I'm late on commenting on this, but this sounds like something that would and has happened to me! Good grief, you and I are weirdo magnets. I have some great stories from my latest conference trips that out-do many of those from past trips. Miss ya!
ReplyDelete