A few days before Christmas, my grandmother, Grannie, mentioned that she put mine and Wade's Christmas present in the floorboard of my car. She instructed us to wait until Christmas morning to unwrap the gift. Later that day, Wade was unpacking the car, and asked why Grannie had given us a brick for Christmas. Instead of a brick, we found this:
(mason jar full of coins)
I loved it. She wrapped up a mason jar full of change for us. I called Grannie's house that Christmas morning, and everyone was going on about their jars full of coins. We all deduced that each of the jars had been packed away in Grannie's barn since the dates indicated on each lid. My brother's was from 1974 and one cousin's from 1968. Notice mine has a "69" on it. Oh, and I have to mention that Grannie loves to date and initial EVERYTHING with a black sharpie marker. When she's feeling festive, she will break out a red one (note the name tag).

No comments:
Post a Comment