Monday, November 2, 2009

He's a boy, dang it

Now does this child look like a girl? I don't think so. But, it seems that most everywhere Cole goes, he gets called a "pretty little girl." Of course I'm flattered, but come on people...HE'S A BOY.

All this name calling was fine at first. However, Cole is well over a year old with two haircuts under his belt and loads of blue clothes. Still, all this doesn't sway anyone: from the little old lady at the grocery store to the young couple walking down the street. They all ask, "how old is your little girl, what a beautiful young lady" and on and on (you should see the strange looks I get when they ask 'her' name and I reply with Cole). It's nice and all, but Cole is going to get a complex as soon as he figures out everyone thinks he's a girl.
What's a momma to do? Suggestions (other than cutting his hair again) would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. He could stop wearing clothes? ...That would solve it! But it would likely produce some other situations and you might get some worse looks. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Heather, that was FUNNY!

    I don't have any advice... but I'm not seeing the girl thing either.

    ReplyDelete