Let me preface the Top 10 list (well, it's really just 7 things)...of what went wrong by telling you how special of a night I had planned for Wade. He's had a hard few weeks at work, and I wanted to do something to make him feel special and at ease on a lovely Friday evening. I cleaned the house top to bottom yesterday, I pulled out 2 fillet mignons, I even had beer mugs icing in the freezer. With all the prep work done, I decided to head over to my friend Caroline's for some much needed company. I wanted to give her a little something for helping with our paint colors for the house, and a chat sounded nice too. Just a quick visit. No need to tell anyone where I was headed or to bring along my cell phone, right. Wrong. Really, really wrong.
Caroline and I visited, and I had a delightful time. Cole watched Caroline's three adorable kids play and took a strong liking to Jack Bailey. Cole was content and I was relishing some adult conversation. After what felt like an hour, I jumped in the car to find it was already 6 pm. My heart sank, I knew what I'd created before glancing at my phone to find 8 missed calls and 2 voice messages from my sweet husband. Cole eats dinner at 5, so when Wade got off work early to surprise us and found no one home he began to worry a bit. When he started to call my phone with no luck, he got a little more worried. Then, when I missed Cole's dinner time by an hour, he panicked and pulled out the phone book to start calling hospitals.
So, my nice, easy, relaxing evening for my dear, sweet husband turned into a nightmare for him.
After all that, I tried to salvage our evening with a delicious dinner.
Then this happened. And I wanted to cry.
1. I burned our steaks. Absolutely, completely turned them into charbroiled hockey pucks.
2. Forgot to add more chicken stock to the orzo, so we had true al dente pasta
3. Let the water boil out of the steamer pot, so the artichoke burned
4. Under cooked the hard boiled eggs for the salad
5. Did not add any salt or pepper to the orzo
6. Made one of Wade's least favorite desserts, by accident...dark chocolate mousse, I mean very dark chocolate
7. Used all the milk making the mousse, so none for breakfast, which Wade has to have
To add insult to injury, Wade smashed his thumb with a hammer at work.

Hey Melina! I just found your blog through Ashley Lanier's-so fun that I can keep up w/y'all now! Cole is TOOOO cute-I am in love w/his precious hair-even after his big boy cut too!! So sorry about the incidents Friday night-it's the thought that counts and I'm sure Wade knows that! Anyway glad to be able to keep up with you. Take care!
ReplyDelete